I am so happy to welcome Jennifer here today. She is one of the many friendly and supportive writers I have come across over the past few years of learning my craft. She is funny and generous with her advice and I am glad to call her my friend!
Let's get started...
1) Did you set any goals for 2011? Yes, to write a novel and a novella.
2) What is the best part of the writing process for you? The second half of the book. I know my characters well by then – they’re like old friends – and I know exactly where the story is going.
3) The worst part? The first half L
4) Favourite author/s & book/s? I love Sabrina Jeffries’ One Night with a Prince and Kimberly Killion’s Her One Desire and also recently read Laura Kaye’s Hearts In Darkness and loved it!
5) Tell us about your latest release? It’s about a former Civil War soldier running from a terrible secret forced to help a woman running from a murderer.
6) Tease us with a blurb/short excerpt
He rode into town to buy supplies, not a woman.
For hunted recluse Rafe McBride, the raven-haired beauty on the auction block is exactly what he doesn't need. A dependent woman will be another clue his vengeful stepbrother can use to find and kill him. But Rafe's conscience won't let him leave another innocent's virginity to the riff-raff bidding. He buys her, promising to return her to St. Louis untouched. He only prays the impending blizzard holds off before her sultry beauty breaks his willpower.
She wanted freedom, not a lover.
Whisked to the auction block by her devious, gambling cousin, and then sold into the arms of a gorgeous stranger, outspoken artist Maggie Monroe isn't about to go meekly. Especially when the rugged mountain man looks like sin and danger rolled into one. But a blizzard and temptation thrust them together, and Maggie yearns to explore her smoldering passion for Rafe.
But when the snow clears, will the danger and secrets that surround Rafe and Maggie tear them apart?
Maggie wanted freedom, not a lover…
Oh, Lord. He was going to kiss her. She shouldn’t want this. She was confused enough.
Respectable women didn’t kiss men they barely knew, certainly not men who made them have wild,
It was crazy. He was making her want crazy things. Making her not give a damn about her reputation
or her virginity. Or her long-awaited freedom. All she could think about was that dream, and the way
his sinful mouth had felt. The table was only a step away, and honey was just as sweet as peach juice…
She swallowed hard and looked up into his hooded eyes.
“Maggie,” he groaned. “Don’t be scared. I’d never hurt you.”
Her mouth parted to object, but firm lips covered hers, hungry, demanding. She gasped, shocked at his
hunger, but even more at the illicit response coursing through her. An aching heat unfurled low in her
stomach, pulsed between her legs. Oh, yes. It started just like in the dream.
He deepened the kiss, coaxed her lips with his warm tongue. Long, languid strokes teased the inside of
her mouth, encouraging, tempting before he pulled back to nibble the corners of her lips.
Oh, God. Is this what all kisses felt like? Hot, lethargic? Melting her like molasses over warm bread?
“Kiss me, Maggie,” he breathed.
7) What is your favourite attribute of the hero and heroine? Maggie’s: The fact she refuses to give up. Rafe’s: His kindness – and the fact he’s smokin’ hot!
8) What’s next? I’m working on a novel set in 1898 Alaska during the Gold Rush, and a short story – an erotic western twist on a classic fairy tale.
9) Tell me where you write? In my sun room, curled up on my love seat.
10) Where would you like your career to be in 5 years? I’m easy to please – I want to improve as a writer, crafting better and better stories and hopefully making a little money along the way. J
12) Where can we find you? Website: http://www.jenniferjakes.com OR come by my blog (especially for Man Candy Mondays) http://authorjenniferjakes.blogspot.com I’m also on FaceBook and Twitter @erotichistory
Great interview! What Jennifer 'forgot' to mention is Rafe's Redemption has received four & five star reviews from Long & Short Romance Reviews and Coffee Time Romance. It's a fabulous Western romance read - go buy it! ; )