Monday 9 January 2012

Welcome fellow WIld Rose Press author, Callie Croix!!


Hi Callie! Great to have you here. I am excited about talking with you as I have been waiting for a Kindle (lovely Christmas pressie from hubby!) so I can download the Cowboy Kink series from The Wild Rose Press. This series sounds super sexy and Dillon's Claim must've been so much fun to write. Let's get started!

1) When and why did you decide you wanted to be a published author?

-I’ve wanted to be an author since I first learned to read, but I never thought seriously about getting published until I had my first child. Maybe all the hormones spurred on my creative juices?

2) What is the best and worst thing you have learned from an editor/agent?

-Best things: This business is completely subjective, so don’t take rejections personally (yeah, still working on that one, but it’s good advice), and a successful author needs to be persistent. Quitting will get you nowhere.

Worst advice would be to write what’s currently hot in the market (chasing trends).

3) Favourite author/s?

-Oh, gosh. Anne Calhoun, Lisa Marie Rice, Gennita Low, Cherise Sinclair, Eden Bradley, Katie Reus/Savannah Stuart, JR Ward (the first five books of the BDB series).

4) What is your typical day?

-I’m a mom of two little guys, a part time Registered Massage Therapist, a Board member for a scholarship foundation and an assistant soccer coach in addition to my role as an author. Every day is different but I try to do promo and emails first thing in the morning then do some drafting/revising before lunch. After noon I’m pretty much sapped of creative energy so I try to save less important things for those few hours before I pick up the kids from school.

5) Share your blurb or short excerpt from your latest release with us.

-Dillon’s Claim: Charissa Myers attends a bachelorette weekend at a Texas guest ranch, knowing she'll have to confront Dillon Dumen. The sexy cowboy is everything she's ever wanted in a man but, gun-shy after a previous BDSM encounter gone bad, she denied her need to submit to the irresistible Dom. She expects his anger, but what she doesn't expect is Dillon's determination to finish what they started all those months ago.

Dillon doesn't understand what spooked Charissa in the first place, but now that she's on his turf, he wants a hell of a lot more from her than answers. He's got two days to weaken her resistance and stake his claim once and for all. And this time, he's not letting her go without a fight.

6) Who would you cast to play your hero & heroine in a movie?

-This book is far too hot to ever see the silver screen, I’m afraid ;)

7) Did you plan this book? Or write it as it came?

-I was asked by my editor to write Dillon’s story, as it’s a standalone sequel to Deacon’s Touch, the first story I wrote in the Dumen Ranch Series (my romantic suspense editor actually wrote the remaining two stories in the series).

8) What surprised you the most when you became a published?

-That all of a sudden it wasn’t good enough anymore. I wanted to be continually published, which isn’t an easy feat!

9) Do you have a dedicated writing space? What does it look like?

-I don’t. Usually I camp out on the couch in my living room or family room with my laptop. I have to write away from noise and other distractions so if my phone rings one time too many or unplanned visitors drop by, I’ve been known to pack up and head to the local library to get some serious work done. Procrastination is far too easy a trap to fall into when you’re suddenly at home throughout the day with no children underfoot!

10) What’s next for you?

-I’ve got another erotic romance coming out with Carina Press this May, and I’m currently revising one I hope they’ll accept as well. As Callie Croix I have four erotic romance releases so far, and as Kaylea Cross I have six award-winning military romantic suspense novels as well.

Thanks so much for having me here today!

Finish with details of where readers can find you – website, Facebook, Twitter etc.

Callie Croix: www.calliecroix.com

www.calliecroixauthor.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/calliecroix

www.facebook.com/calliecroix

Kaylea Cross: www.kayleacross.com

www.kayleacross.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/kayleacross

www.facebook.com/kayleacross

Wow! You are one hardworking woman, lol! Our stories are similiar in that, as soon as I had baby number 2, I knew I had to get serious about my writing. I love what I do and hope to stay at home, write, look after my kids and generally live the dream, lol...

Right, off to follow you on Twitter!

Callie is waiting to chat - questions? Comments?


No comments:

Post a Comment