Tuesday 14 August 2012

Welcome erotic romance writer, Selena Blake!



Welcome to my site, Selena! I am thrilled to be a part of your UK tour - I've seen your name on the Romantic Novelists Association loops. Are you here in the UK?? It's nice to meet you!

If you want to follow Selena on the last legs of her tour, you can find the dates here:




Let's get started with the questions...

1)   Did you set any goals for 2012?
I’m a big believer in goal setting and new year’s resolutions. So just like every year, I wrote them down. But lately setting goals has given me a bit of anxiety so I tossed them into the circular file. Last year I learned the importance of flexibility and also about working at my own pace. Sometimes the stress that goals bring isn’t as important as making progress. So that’s what 2012 is about for me. Making progress. Mostly I’ve been finishing a few projects and those were on the goal list for 2012 so I guess you could say I’ve been meeting them…on my own schedule. Not one I set seven months ago.

2)   What is the best part of the writing process for you?
The best part for me is also sort of romantic in a way. It’s sort of like a wedding day, when a relationship gets glued together.

Going through the final round of revisions before I send a book anywhere is my favorite part. The romantic part. At that point the writing is out of the way. The tinkering is out of the way. And I’m just reading through for any last minute polish. This is the point where the book is whole and almost ready for the outside world to see (if you can count critique partners and beta readers and editors as the outside world.) I love this final read through because it’s at this point where I finally start to see if my hard work paid off.

3)   The worst part?
When I write myself into a corner. This happens every few books or so. I’ll write the book one way and at a certain point I realize I’m missing an important element and then I have to go back to add it in and that changes several things. It’s just a lot of work and I agonize over it.

4)   What is the book you wish you’d written?
Gosh. Tough question. I’d have to say Night Play by Kenyon. It’s a favorite.

5)   Favourite author/s & book/s?
Kenyon, Cole, Ward. I like anything with angst filled heroes evidently and these authors know how to write them.

6)   Tell us about your latest release?
Ready & Willing is my latest paranormal romance novel. I like to think of it as equal parts sass and seduction. I love that it’s different than my Stormy Series. There are some lighter moments. The world is vastly different. I started it years ago as a serial read for my fans and it’s finally finished at 28 chapters plus an epilogue.

7)   Tease us with a blurb/short except.
Here’s  a little taste that I think shows the relationship between the hero and heroine.

Kaden was ready to be Alpha. He’d been doing battle all his life to become Beta of the pack. He’d proven that he was strong, smart, capable, ready and willing to defend the pack. He knew all the pack laws and all the pack members. Yes, his resume was looking stellar.
“You’re not going to be Alpha,” the woman at his side said through her faux smile.
It was almost like she could read his mind. He wished for a moment that he could read hers.
Instead, he ducked his head closer, catching her subtle honey-vanilla fragrance. “I’d say it’s a done deal, sweetheart.”
Those warm brown eyes flashed up at him with flecks of golden fire. Why had he never noticed their exquisite color before? They were like cinnamon and amber. “The deal is hardly done. Why would my father hand over the leadership of the pack to an outsider?”
The last word hung in the air between them. Kaden didn’t feel like an outsider. He hadn’t for a long time. WhitePaw was his home. He had friends, a nice house, and a good job in the city. And he was Beta of the pack, a position he took seriously.
“Especially since he has offspring reading and willing to do the job.”
With the processional gathering in the lobby of the church, the photographer began organizing people for the photos. Kaden quickly steered Ava into a nearby room.
“What—“
He cut off her words. “Ready and willing, huh?”



8)   What is your favourite attribute of the hero and heroine?
I like that although Ava is a hardcore shewolf when she needs to be, she’s actually quite domestic and she eventually comes to appreciate her femininity.

What I love about Kaden is that he’s a delightful mix between take charge Alpha male and subtly sweet gentleman.

9)   What’s next?
I’m currently finishing my first werelion book. It’s about a reclusive millionaire werelion who once fought in the Coliseum in Rome and the beautiful young empath who sooths the beast inside him.

10)                  Tell me where you write?
Usually at my desk, but sometimes from the couch, it depends on the mood of the scene really. For more active scenes, I really like being upright with nothing but a keyboard in my lap. For slower, more emotional, sensual scenes, somewhere comfortable like the couch works nicely.

11)                  Where would you like your career to be in 5 years?
In five years I want to be writing books that my readers love and share, which is essentially where I’m at now. J

12)       Where can we find you?
My website is a great place to start: http://Selena-blake.com. I have a newsletter there that gives subscribers access to exclusives and four free reads. I’m fairly active on my facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/authorSelenaBlake . My readers and I have a lot of fun there chatting about books and characters.

You can also find me on twitter where I chat with folks and share favorite quotes as well as important announcements: http://twitter.com/selenablake

Comments??


No comments:

Post a Comment