Wednesday 24 November 2010

Welcome to the fabulous Sarina Wilde!

Before we start the interview, Sarina, I have to say how much I LOVE your cover! I think the black and white with color titles look so classy and sexy. Which is exactly why I asked for that on mine, LOL! Who was your cover artist? I'd love to know.

On with interview!




1) Did you set any goals for 2010?

As a newbie author, my main goal was to get published. I’ve done that with Dream Lover in both a genre and format I’ve never attempted before. Although I spent years as a professional journalist, writing short fiction truly never crossed my mind.

2) What is the best part of the writing process for you?

I absolutely love fleshing out characters and stories. (Oops, dare I say fleshing when I’m writing erotic romance?) I am definitely not a writer who has every “T” crossed and every “i” dotted. I create amid chaos and usually add detail as I go along. All right, I sense the collective cringe of all those organized plotters out there, but when I attempt to create detailed outlines and character sketches rather than simply letting the story flow, it kills the idea.

3) The worst part?

Edits. Again, I suppose this goes back to that television journalist mentality that wants to get everything done now, get it over with, and then move on to the next project. By the time I finish doing edits and revisions, I’m so familiar with the story I never want to see it again. Sigh… But give me a few weeks, I’m sure I’ll get over it.

4) What is the book you wish you’d written?

I wish I had written Margaret Mitchell’s Gone with the Wind. I would have given Scarlett her Ashley, so her spoiled Southern Belle mentality could have discovered firsthand what feet of clay her idealized southern gentleman really had. I also would have handed Rhett over to Melanie, the woman who truly appreciated who he was underneath the bad boy surface. At least that way, two people in that story might have had a HEA ending.

5) Favourite author/s & book/s?

I am an absolute J.R. Ward junkie and have already read her Black Dagger Brotherhood series several times. Her hunky vamps get into some really kinky love scenes, but I have to say, I’d want any one of those heroes to have my back in a dark alley. Another author I really enjoy reading is Nora Roberts. I’d say I’ve reread some of her books, but she’s so prolific, I’m still working my way through them all for the first time.

6) Tell us about your latest release?

Okay, first let me disclaim this by saying Dream Lover is absolutely a work of fiction, but I find that some of the best ideas usually come from one of those “what if…” moments. Dream Lover is the story of Allie Franklin who is flying to a job interview in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Allie has to run through Chicago’s O’Hare Airport to catch a connecting flight, ends up with the man of her dreams seated next to her on the plane, and eventually shares a cab and a few other things with him. Flying to different places while I was a journalist, I had to make that mad dash through O’Hare on several occasions, and I did actually end up sharing a cab once with a really cute doctor (sigh), but definitely not in the way Allie shares her cab ride! Tom and Allie will really heat up a cold winter night!

7) Tease us with a blurb/short except
“You do like an audience, don’t you?”
Allie released a shaky breath. “It does add something to it.”
His fingers finished their journey, making her quiver in anticipation. “I love feeling how wet you are, but I can’t do nearly what I want right here. Why don’t we go to my room? You’ll love the view of the river, and I’ll enjoy the view much more when you’re standing naked right in front of those big windows.”
Was it possible to come just from listening to someone talk?
Tom must have seen something in her face because he tossed a twenty
on the table and growled, “Let’s go. I have some wine in the room if
you still want something.”

8) What is your favourite attribute of the hero and heroine?

They both have a mentality for seizing the moment, which I admire in people. I think truly successful individuals must live their lives with that in mind. In addition, I really like how romantic the hero is. He is truly the one who believes in love at first sight, and is willing to go after what he wants.

9) What’s next?

More writing. Definitely. I have several works in progress. Another short story which I hope to complete soon, and a novel length erotic romance I’m still working to finish.

10) Tell me where you write?

We have a small office right in our master bedroom suite, so it’s easy to write whenever the muse hits. I usually have one or two cats and one or more of the Jack Russell Terrorists snoozing on and under my feet while I work. I listen to music a lot while I write. I find it helps me focus and tune out some of the other distractions.

11) Where would you like your career to be in 5 years?

I would absolutely love to be in a position where I could support myself solely from writing. Now that the publishing door has opened and I have my foot firmly wedged inside, I’ll keep writing and submitting. Storytelling has always been one of my favorite activities, and I have loads of ideas.

12) Where can we find you?

Dream Lover is available through The Wild Rose Press as an e-book. I love to hear from readers, so you can also email me at sarinawilde@yahoo.com

Great interview, Sarina! Our reading tastes are so similiar, it's eerie - TOTALLY understand where you are coming from with Nora's backlist, LOL! I am still making my way through too - great, great storyteller. Currently reading Homeport and totally in love with Ryan Boldari, mmm....

Over to you, people! Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment