Monday 8 November 2010

Welcome fellow Wild Rose Press author, Nana Malone!!

I am really happy to have Nana here today to promote her latest release, Game, Set, Match. I spoke to Nana as this book is not listed under WRP's Scarlet (erotic) line but under their mainstream titles so I wasn't sure if it was one for this site....but all is well as Nana assures me the content is hot enough to justify being here, yummy!!

Shall we get started? Welcome, Nana...

1) What is your writing routine?

Ha! Routine? I wish. I used to have this gorgeous color coded schedule by book series, length, time to write etc….then I had a baby. So now I squeeze in writing at work on my lunch break or when the little nugget goes to bed and hubby is occupied with basketball on the tube.

2) Which author/s inspire you to write?

I’m so glad you asked me for more than one J It would have taken way too long to pick just one. I could show you my crazy over-organized side and give them to you by genre, but I’ll spare you and just give you a couple. Misty Evans, Kimberly Kaye Terry, Eve Vaughn, Nora Roberts, Linda Howard, Sandra Brown.

3) Which is your favorite romance subgenre to read? To write?

Oh, I read them all. Contemporaries, Westerns, Paranormals, Urban Fantasy, Multicultural, even the odd historical. Write now, I write mostly multicultural contemporaries. But I might be trying my hand at a paranormal soon.

4) How do you deal with criticism/rejection?

Rejection? With poise and aplomb…Okay, then after I stop lying to myself, I have a good cry and/or throw something.

As for criticism, it depends of if I can do anything about it. If it’s a work in progress and I get criticism or feedback, I try to listen, see how the suggestion or change feels.
IF it makes no sense to me, I pretend I never heard it. If it makes sense to me, I see what I’m willing to alter. If there’s nothing I can do about it, particularly if it’s on the shelf – Please see earlier comment about throwing something.

5) What do you expect from an editor?

For them to help me be the best writer I can be and push me to be the best even when I don’t’ want to be.

6) Tell me about your latest release

Game, Set, Match is a contemporary romance set in Los Angeles. It’s story of lost and reacquainted love. In a world of flash and not much substance, Jason is looking to find meaning in his life again, while Izzy is struggling to keep her family together while building her career. Both characters need to overcome their self doubt, trust barriers and the pains of the past to find their way back to each other.

7) Tease us with a blurb or short excerpt

Sure.

Blurb: Off the court, tennis star Jason Cartwright’s playboy image is taking a public beating. On the court, he’s down forty-love. A knee injury is shutting down his game, and the paparazzi are splashing his love life on every magazine. A comeback is in order, but the makeover he needs to save his faltering career is in the hands of the woman he loved and left fifteen years ago.

While single-mom, Izzy Connors, sees people for who they really are through the lens of her camera, even without it, she knows Jason isn’t the star he appears to be. Although his charm and good looks haven’t dimmed since he broke her heart, all she sees is his wasted talent and playboy lifestyle.

Can Izzy put the past behind her and help Jason get his game, and his image, back on track? Or will the click of her camera shatter his world as well as his heart?

8) Which is your favorite character in the book? Why?

That’s easy, Jessica. How can you not love her? She’s loyal, a great friend, and she’s not above threatening evil people. Plus most importantly, she’s hilarious.

9) What is next for you?

I’m currently writing my first series centered around three best friends. It’s going to be a little hotter. Not quite erotica, but definitely sizzling.

10) What are you working on right now?

Lots of Promotion and writing. I’m doing NaNo, so I’m feeling a little insane.

11) Your biggest piece of advice to aspiring novelists?

Write, learn, and stay focused on your goals. Sounds simple doesn’t it? All kinds of things will act as obstacles. But if this is your dream you won’t let anything stand in the way of it.

12) Where can readers find you?

You can find me on my website – www.nanamalone.com. On Twitter – www.twitter.com/nanamalone. On Facebook – www.facebook.com/nanamalone.

Really enjoyed your interview, Nana - totally with you on the criticism thoughts. Listen and then act only on the stuff you agree with. The rest? Sorry...can't hear you! LOL!

Nana wants to talk, so let's get chatting!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Nana! I loved Game, Set, Match. Excellent story. Izzy was so real and Jason was hot! And I'm blushing to know I'm one of your favorite authors.

    Color-coded schedule...how funny. I used to have one of those, too, before I had twins. As kids get older, it's easier to have a schedule again.

    Good luck and keep writing!
    Misty
    www.readmistyevans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love! I never would have begged you to be my critique partner if I didn't love your writing. You know me and my organization. Would it be bad to admit I tried to color code the freezer once?

    N

    ReplyDelete