Wednesday 6 October 2010

My first Noble Romance guest, Ashley M Christman!

Hi Ashley, it is such a pleasure to welcome you here today! I love discovering new authors and publishers. Once we're done with the interview, maybe you could tell us a bit about Noble Romance?? I'd love to learn more about them and your experience with them.

OK, let's talk!!

1) When and why did you decide you wanted to be a published author?

I was in high school and I had some very supportive people telling me I had a gift for plotting and spinning yarns.

2) What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given as a writer?

Be persistent. So what if you get rejected one, two, a million times—keep writing and keep trying.

3) What is the best thing you have learned from an editor/agent?

The best thing I’ve learned is to deepen characterization you have to sometimes go deeper into their thoughts and feelings. It’s the whole adage of show, don’t tell. Don’t tell us that the character is heartbroken, show us. Does he/she cry, bottle it up and turn cold, or scream at the top of their lungs?

Also always be professional.

4) And the worst?

I haven’t really gotten any bad advice yet from an editor. When I do, I’ll let you know.
5) Share your blurb or short excerpt from your latest release with us

Here’s the blurb:
For millennia, Kate, a vampire succubus, has wandered through life feeding on both the blood and sex of mortals, with an utter disregard for human life. Even that gets boring after a while. But problems don't arise until Kate meets the new “Hollywood Heartthrob,” Aidan Cross.

Aidan is human, which would normally put him on the menu, but Kate finds herself attracted to him in more ways than one and decides to wait before she kills him to see if the allure is something more than his irresistible good looks.

Jack and Kate have a very complicated relationship dating back to the fall of Rome. He's an angel, she's not. One night with her will make him fall and be damned to life in the demon ranks, and she'll become mortal.

With Aidan, she gets a chance to play human. One night with Jack and she'll actually be human, but that also means giving up everything she loves.

6) Who would you cast to play your hero & heroine in a movie?
Hmm. I honestly haven’t thought about that. I think I’d want David Tennant to play Jack, the swearing, whiskey guzzling angel. Henry Cavill to play Aidan, and Bianca Lawson to play Kate.

7) Did you plan this book? Or write it as it came?

I wrote as it came. This book was like therapy for me in many ways because Kate is a dark character and I was going through a very depressing phase of life.

8) What surprised you the most when you became a published?

The fact that I actually got published is what surprised me the most. Every time I think about being a published writer, I think oh my god, when are they going to realize they made a mistake. ~Chuckles~

9) Do you have a dedicated writing space? What does it look like?

I have an office and its pretty basic. There’s a desk, printer, etc…I also have a whiteboard where I brainstorm, candles and incenses, and of course my iPod docking station.

10) What’s next for you?

I have another book being released this November. I’m also working on two series right now.

Finish with details of where readers can find you – website, Facebook, Twitter etc

Readers can find me online at my website www.ashleymchristman.com
Twitter: @AMChristman
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/achristman2#!/pages/Ashley-M-Christman/270726188001?ref=ts

Great interview! Your comments about the publisher discovering they've made a mistake, really made me laugh - how many times have I felt like that? LOL! Comments people, Ashley would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Great interview, Ashley! I like your cast, especially Henry Cavill. ;-) Can't wait to read Requiem!

    ReplyDelete