Hi Jennifer, so happy to welcome you to my blog and to be a part of your ongoing tour! Just LOVING the cover of your latest release, SEXY!! Let's get started...
1) When and why did you decide you wanted to be a published author?
– I loved to read growing up and found romance in college. Thought it was all right, and then I found erotica. Felt like that moment when Dorothy sees Oz in color for the first time. It was a whole new world, and I wanted to devour it one book at a time. I’d had ideas for books before that, but they were a little bit dark, and a whole lot of naughty! I didn’t think anyone would be into it. Boy was I wrong! I found Ellora’s Cave and it’s been a match made in heaven. My editor is amazing and I couldn’t be any luckier even if I had a rabbit’s foot stuffed up my…well you get the picture.
2) What is the best and worse thing you have learned from an editor/agent?
– Show don’t tell. And I heard this from my editor AND my agent so I’m picking it for both best and worse. I could tell you, “I was cold as I waited on the taxi.” Or I could show you, “I tugged the tattered coat tighter around my body and cussed again when I couldn’t stop shaking. The taxi had to hurry. I didn’t have much more time. They were coming for me…” Same general information, but hopefully the latter has the pit of your stomach in a knot and you want to know more. It’s the best advice because it pulls readers into your story and suspends reality for them. It’s the worst because it’s hard to do ALL the time. I have to train myself to stay firmly in the characters head space while I’m writing. If I get distracted I tend to “tell”, and then I just have to re-write it during edits.
3) Favorite author/s?
– Joey W Hill and her Knights of the Boardroom Series. Kele Moon and her Eden Series. Both are BDSM and so hot you need a fire extinguisher to put the flames out when you’re done reading. Love JR Ward, Maya Banks, Shannon McKenna, Shayla Black… Okay, I’m going to stop now. J
4) What is your typical day?
– I wake up and get myself and my son ready for the day. Get him to school by 7:45am. Myself to work two minutes down the road. Work at my “real job”, which is a manufacturing plant my husband and I own, until 6pm. It’s actually normally later, but I’m going to say 6pm because I swore I’m going to start doing better about leaving on time. J Oh and don’t worry, my husband picked up our son from school and they went home. Okay, so I get home, cook dinner, do laundry, clean the house, get my boy in bed at 8:30pm, get everything ready for the next day, and then FINALLY at 9:30pm-ish I can finally sit down in my office at home and write. Some nights I only write for an hour or two. Other nights I stay up until 3am because I can’t sleep until I get everything downloaded from my brain into my laptop. I love writing and sleepless nights are worth it sometimes. Glad you can’t ask my husband if he agrees with that statement!
6) Who would you cast to play your hero & heroine in a movie?
– Hands down it would have to be the chick on my cover as Cyn. She IS Cyn now, so I can’t picture anyone else in her place. For Jared, Ryan Reynolds…Dayum that man is hot, and playful, and did I mention hot? For Chris – he’s harder because he’s got such a difficult past. Gerard Butler pops into mind. He’s tall, dark, broody, and his big hands would feel good as they smack my…yep, Gerard Butler it is!
7) Did you plan this book? Or write it as it came?
– A little bit of both. I had a rough outline but the story changed as I wrote it. I’ve learned not to strictly adhere to an outline. If the characters tell me to go a different direction – I listen!!
8) What surprised you the most when you became a published?
– That the phrase, “The easy part is writing the book.” Is ABSOLUTELY true! It’s hard to get published and you need to have thick skin, plus be extremely motivated to get it all done. Working full time not-withstanding, it’s time consuming, but SO WORTH IT!
9) Do you have a dedicated writing space? What does it look like?
– Absolutely! I have a full home office that is mine, mine, mine. It has B&W checkered floor, black furniture and dark purple walls. The color is Sumptuous Purple. If I can’t write Erotica in there, then there’s no hope for me as a writer! I look out of two floor to ceiling windows onto our five acre property. It’s a great place to write.
10) What’s next for you?
– I’ve got a lot in the works right now. A Christmas quickie that falls in between book 1 and 2 of this series that is supposed to be available this fall for pre-order. Book 2 of this series Tentatively titled Together Again, which is Jenna, Nick, and Ian’s story. A stand alone novel titled Final Surrender. Another BDSM Ménage series which will be MMF. A seven book series…wow I really need to get writing! So if you haven’t already, please pick up a copy of Together in Cyn and let me know what you think!
Here’s all of my social media! Would love to connect with you so come see me!!
Twitter – http://twitter.com/#!/JenniferKacey
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/jenniferkacey/
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/16370223-jennifer-kacey
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/16370223-jennifer-kacey
Together in Cyn Webpage
Together in Cyn
by Jennifer Kacey
But what if that book was your diary and you learned your two best friends, men you have ached for your entire life, have just read every last word? Pages and pages filled with dark fantasies and forbidden dreams so explicit they leave nothing to the imagination.
And what if those two friends were included in every last one?
This is exactly where Cyn Andrews now finds herself.
Stuck somewhere between wanting to hate Jared and Chris Kennedy for violating her privacy and just plain wanting to be stuck somewhere between them. She could never choose only one brother, so she’s kept her feelings buried for more than a decade, and a past mistake has kept her silent and alone…until now.
Everything she’s ever wanted may have just been handed to her in the form of an invitation to The Library. Not just a building filled with books, but a members only BDSM club the brothers own and have kept hidden from her for years.
Is it pity or desire that fueled the invitation?
What other secrets have they been keeping from her?
Can she protect her heart and face her biggest fear while discovering the art of submitting to two Doms?
It’d be a sin not to find out…
“What do you mean suited to you? You need someone desperate to be with you, is that it?”
“No. We want someone to submit to us.”
All the air got sucked from the room. Submit. I’d heard the word and read about it for years. Had even experimented once a couple years back. Remembering the last night with Matt and his friend made me turn around and head for the door. Chris took several steps to stop me, but Jared caught his arm and held him back. I wanted something I had already failed at miserably and wasn’t willing to try again. Not with them. They were too important.
“We want you, Cyn. I want to see where this can go. All we’re asking for is a chance. I’m sorry I read your journal without your permission, but if I hadn’t, would you have ever told us you wanted us? Would you have ever flat out just said you wanted me? Be filled so completely you can’t think about anything the next day except what it was like to come so hard you lose consciousness?”
I stopped. Something in his voice made me turn when I was only a few steps away from escaping them and my humiliation. But I knew he was right. I never would have said a word. Their rejection…it would have been too much to bear, so I remained silent. Happy to be their friend, but always on the outside looking in.
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
I’m going to just jump right in and get the easy stuff out of the way up-front. I am a wife, mother and business owner in Texas with very long black hair and a penchant for high heels and pretty outrageous toe nail polish. I have a very supportive family that I love unconditionally and am fortunate enough to genuinely like and respect them as well.
I started reading romance back in college, liked it so-so, and then I found erotica. Stories a bit on the dark side, a lot on the naughty side, and at the risk of sounding cheesy, it felt like coming home. Finding a genre made just for minds like mine was an amazing revelation, and I swear the characters in my head haven’t stopped hounding me since!
Something I always love reading about other authors are the funny quirks and idiosyncrasies that make each of us unique, so I thought I’d share a few of mine. These are in no particular order and pretty random, so brace yourselves…
I am a morning person who doesn’t drink caffeine, and I am definitely a glass-half-full kind of girl. I have an extreme case of being left-hand stupid and am bad at all sports that end in “ball”! Hot weather is my favorite because I'm cold all the time, and I adore lying in the sun. You’ll find a closed sign hanging off my forehead at 10 p.m. pretty much every night when my brain clocks out. What’s weird is I can write ‘til the wee hours of the morning though. Probably because the characters just shove me aside so they can say their piece.
Ooh, and I never procrastinate! If something needs to be done today, it should have been finished yesterday. I call this fantastic; several people, who shall remain nameless, call it having a bug up my A**… I think I’ll stick with fantastic.
I refuse to use a flat sheet to sleep, I love perfume but only one kind, and before I die I want to own flip-flops in every color of the rainbow. And last but not least, the yea or nay on a particular food being deemed good or gross is based off of texture first, taste second.
I hope my writing speaks for itself, and I hope it speaks to you. The fact that I have the opportunity to share a little piece of myself with you absolutely floors me. On a daily basis I am overwhelmed by the good fortune that is my life, and vowed years ago never to take it for granted.
Best advice I’ve ever been given – find the real you and never settle for anything less! Well guess what? I found her! Lord help the rest of you.
Jennifer will be awarding a "little bit dark. A whole lotta naughty" gift basket worth around $50, to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. (USA/CANADA ONLY)
Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: