Tuesday 19 June 2012

Welcome fellow Wild Rose Press author, Sarina Wilde!!



Welcome to my blog, Sarina! I am so looking forward to hearing about the Wild Rose Press "Boys of Summer" series. I can remember the call-out and so many of my fellow authors were excited to contribute so huge congrats on your contract! Wishing you lots of sales. Okay, on with the interview...

1)   Did you set any goals for 2012?

 My goal for 2012 is to earn enough money from what I write so my husband can no longer chuckle at my writing…though I do have to admit, he is beginning to take it a lot more seriously which is encouraging. He’s a bottom line kind of guy…in money and other things.

2)   What is the best part of the writing process for you?

 Starting a new project is always the most exciting part of writing for me. The creative juices really get going with a fresh idea. Since I’m still mostly a pantser rather than a plotter, I really love leaping right into the writing.

3)   The worst part? 

Did I mention that pantser part? Right…the worst part has to be when my pantser mentality suddenly backs me into a corner, and I must fight my way out.

4)   What is the book you wish you’d written?

 The greedy part of me says the Harry Potter series…I could so get into putting my feet up and drawing those royalties. I suppose I would have to say either Jane Eyre or Gone with the Wind because those two books really played pivotal roles in sparking my interest in romance and erotic romance (Oh, I know they’re tame, but there’s so much sexual tension in them, and I think that really separates an okay story from an outstanding one).

5)   Favourite author/s & book/s?

 Crazy about the J.R. Ward  Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Uber-alpha  smartass vampires with women who might be physically weaker but lead them around by their….noses, yeah, noses.

6)   Tell us about your latest release? 

Hook, Line & Sinker is a new direction for me since it is a male/male romance. (Do you know how confusing that can be with all the  he/his/hims floating around?) The tough part was getting two hero type characters to open up enough they could actually care about each other without coming off too effeminate. Personally, I’d take either one of these guys to bed, but hey, I’m the wrong sex.

7)   Tease us with a blurb/short except.    This is the scene where Taz and Ridge kiss for the first time:

Ridge stood and stretched, drawing Taz’s gaze to the bulge in the front of his slacks. “Have you ever kissed a guy?”
For some reason that shocked him. Taz had only thought of being with a guy in terms of sex.
“No.” He swallowed, his stomach jumping at the idea of being that intimate. “Would you…I mean…have you?”
Ridge’s long lashes dipped. “I have. And I will. Come here, man.”
Heat filled Taz, and the throb in his dick was as regular as the blues beats Ridge liked. When Ridge held out his hand, Taz took it, letting the other man pull him to his feet. As he stood, he stared at Ridge’s crotch. They were nearly identical in height. Taz swallowed again, his breathing shallow and his lips parted. Ridge rested his hands on Taz’s hips.
“Put your arms around my waist and relax.” Ridge’s voice had dropped to a low rumble.
Taz’s dick swelled and pulsed until he feared he’d come right in his jeans. When Ridge pulled him closer, their shafts brushed through their clothing. Someone moaned. He realized it had come from him and stiffened with embarrassment. What a fucking idiot.
“‘S okay,” Ridge whispered, tilting his head to one side and moving in.
Taz liked the feel of his mouth—firm, sure. Nothing tentative in the kiss Ridge gave him, and Taz willingly let him in. The thrust and parry of their tongues went on forever. The brush of a tongue, the rasp of a beard—all of it made Taz’s heart pound and left him gasping for breath.

8)   What is your favourite attribute of the hero and heroine?

  See what I mean about this male/male thing…lol. I refer to them as H1 and H2. I think the appeal to these two for me is how well they complement each other. Taz needs Ridge’s outgoing personality, and Ridge needs Taz’s essentially restful nature to help him relax.

9)   What’s next?

 I’m finishing the first draft of a novel involving a ménage of two men and a woman. There’s plenty of hot sex, after all it is erotica, but I like to think my stories have tenderness as well. If I had to define my writing I would say that element of emotional caring has to be there for me. It’s not just about hopping in and out of beds.

10)                  Tell me where you write?

 Most of the time I write in a cluttered office off our master bedroom. I spend enough time in there, it’s where the dogs immediately dash to find me when they come inside. Am I predictable, or what?

11)                  Where would you like your career to be in 5 years? 

I’d like to be writing full-time. I suppose that’s the dream of almost every writer out there, so I’m no different in that respect.

12)                  Where can we find you? You can find me at www.sarinawilde.blogspot.com, like my author page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarina-Wilde-Author/116691761742833, or you can find me on twitter: @SarinaWilde. I love hearing from readers! I am also running a contest through 6/22/12 – stop by my blog to enter to win a free copy of Hook, Line & Sinker. Make sure you leave me an email contact so I can get in touch with you if you should win!

 Thanks so much for the chance to sit down with you, Rachel. I always enjoy your blog!

Here are the buy links for HLS:

Great interview, Sarina and thank you for being so kind about my blog! I must admit we sound very similar in both our routines and out aspirations.  Being a pantser is not all its cracked up to be, is it?? :/

Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment