Tuesday 5 June 2012

Welcome erotic romance author, Louisa Masters!



Welcome to my site, Louisa! First of all, I have to say how much I love your covers, really sexy yet tasteful. Love them! Great to have you visit and wishing you all the best with your career - and of course, those all-important sales!

Let's get started with the interview... 

1)  Who is your favourite author and why?

People always ask this question and I always dither like an idiot. This time, I'm narrowing it down to genre: my favorite erotic romance author. That's pretty narrow, right? And still, it's too hard to answer. I'm a big fan of Michelle Pillow and Lora Leigh. For m/m, Lee Brazil is at the top of my list. He always tugs at my heartstrings.

2)  When did you first consider yourself a writer?

It's funny, you can be a writer your whole life but not think of yourself that way. It was like that for me. Until I saw the contract clearly spelling out that someone wanted to buy my book, I didn't think of myself as a writer. I still have to remind myself sometimes.

3)  Describe your writing space?

I live in a one bedroom apartment, and I'm not the neatest person in the world—in fact, pretty much the opposite. There's stuff piled everywhere. So my laptop and I usually take up residence on the couch. That led to the Great Computer Crash of 2010, when I stood up and tripped on the cord, sending my laptop to the floor and destroying my hard drive. It was a very difficult time for me…

4)  What are you reading now?

Jennifer Ashley's Shifters Unbound series in paperback and R. Ann Siracusa's All for a Dead Man's Leg in ebook. It's just been re-released and I loooove it!

5)  How many books have your written?  Which is your favourite?

I've written three: Inter-Office Relations, available from The Wild Rose Press, One Night in a Bar, due June 25th from Total-E-Bound, and Diving In Deep, due later in the summer from TWRP. I also have the sequel to One Night in a Bar half written.
You may have noticed that I'm avoiding the "which is your favourite" part…

6)  What comes first, plot or characters?

Usually plot, although I say that loosely because I'm a total pantser. Mostly I have an idea, or a sentence or scene will come to me, and I go from there. I have a general idea of how a story's going to go, but I couldn't tell you exactly what the ending will be until it's written.

7)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

Always. Although I try to take the advice of the great Nora Roberts and pretend it doesn't exist and write right through it, it can be really frustrating.

8)  What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

Read. Read. Oh, and read. I also enjoy cooking sweets, and I'm pretty good with sewing and crafts.


9)  Tell us about your latest book?

Inter-Office Relations is loosely based on a crush I had on a colleague when I worked in the corporate world. Unlike Jeannie, I never had the guts to proposition my crush the way she does Tim. Her opening line? "Do you want to have sex in Conference Room B?"
They have a lovely time on the conference table, and then Jeannie backs right off. She's afraid that an affair may jeopardize their work relationship. Tim's determined to convince her otherwise…in the most interesting places.

10) What’s next for you?
One Night in a Bar is due on June 25th. Karen loses her job when she maces her boss—after finding him in bed with her boyfriend. Unemployed and depressed, she lets a friend talk her into going to a bar she normally wouldn't go near. Enter dark, sexy Daniel, who flirts with her, asks her to dance and bangs her in the alley behind the bar.
The next morning, swimming in regret, Karen resolves to put it behind her…until she gets a new job and her biggest client is her one-hour stand.

Diving in Deep, also due this summer, is part of the Boys of Summer series from The Wild Rose Press, and is my first attempt at m/m/m. Geeky Cameron takes time out of his life to escape to Australia and reinvent himself. He meets Troy and Jake, co-owners of a reef diving company, and discovers things about himself that he never knew before…


For blurbs and excerpts, please visit my site, www.louisamasters.com

Great interview, Louisa! You should be immensely proud that every story you've written has been published, that's quite an achievement :)

Okay, over to you guys for your questions and comments...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me, Rachel!

    Louisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Louisa (and Rachel)!

    I DO love your cover. Congratulations on your TEB release, and I'm looking forward to having you as my guest at Beyond Romance.

    ReplyDelete