Thursday 17 March 2011

Ellora's Cave author, Kathleen Lash is here!

Today I am interviewing Ellora's Cave author, Kathleen Lash - who, I must say, has landed some very HOT covers! ; )

Take it way, Kathleen!

A huge thanks to Rachel for letting me drop by her blog and introduce myself.

1) Who is your favourite author and why?

I have too many “favorite” authors to name. I find a new one every time I download an e-book. Although my best friend for more than thirty-five years is an author, would she count? If so, her name is Jennifer Schmidlin. She writes romantic suspense.

2) When did you first consider yourself a writer?

Probably in fourth grade. I loved to take the written word and make it mean something. I was a strange child.

3) Describe your writing space?

I have a cozy office with cherry notch and groove paneling. I love listening to the birds or the wind. It’s clean, organized and the only room in the house where I can tell you where everything is.

4) What are you reading now?

Moby Dick. Again. It’s a keeper for me. I don’t know why, but it’s always been a favorite.

5) How many books have your written? Which is your favourite?

Over the years, I’ve written more than forty. I’ve sold five. My first book was published November, 2009. Since then, I pay a great deal more about what’s hot in the market. Prior to that, I simply wrote what I felt.

As for a favorite, I really don’t have one. Each one speaks to me in a different way. It depicts a certain period in my life.

6) What comes first, plot or characters?

A single scene, maybe some dialogue. The idea normally comes from something in everyday life. I thing about it here and there and a story begins to form. I start asking, why was she there? What’s her past? What does she need, and so on. Before I know it, I have a book.

7)
Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

Not normally. I suffer from time thieves. Everyday issues take time away from writing. I usually don’t get writer’s block – I get blocked from writing.

8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I love going to the races (stock car, demolition derby, drags). Seeing new places definitely trips my trigger. I love taking road trips with hubby. We have the most interesting conversations.

9) Tell us about your latest book?

I just contracted “Punishing Rose.” It’s for the Ellora’s Cave “Ahoy” series slated to come out in June. It’s a pirate theme.

Argh! Jon Paul Black were looking for vengeance and found his old flame, Rose on a neighboring planet. He takes her to his ship for interrogation. Aye, he likes to play a bit on the rough side, but only to test a wench’s boundaries. The whip, paddles and other play-pretties lining the wall of his cabin are mostly for show and to set the mood. Mostly. Argh.

Well, you get the idea.

10) What’s next for you?

I’ll keep writing what moves me and makes me laugh and hope an editor finds it worthy to share with others. I have a few spicy contemporaries in the wings along with a five book sci-fi erotic romance series.

Lovely to 'meet' you, Kathleen and I must say, you are the first author to say their dedicated writing space is tidy! Most of us work in organized chaos, cafes or the end of the kitchen table is often a favorite.

Kathleen is waiting for your company and comments...

1 comment:

  1. Great interview. Kathleen keep writing erotic books that you love. Even if they don't get picked up at least you were true to yourself.

    ReplyDelete