Thursday 16 January 2014

Welcome erotic romance author, Shaunna Wolf...



 Hi, Shaunna! Welcome to my blog - I wish you all the best with the tour and the future! Let's start the interview...

Do you write about what turns you on?

They say the best writing comes from writing what you know.  In  erotica, and romance, or any genre for that matter, if you are bored with it, or it doesn’t affect your emotions in some way, then how is it going to affect the reader?  I deplore any scene that reads like a text book or something someone saw on a hot to video.  And that holds true especially in a sex scene. 

If we were to come to your house for a meal, what would you give us to eat?

Fry bread with my grandmother’s chili recipe.  She made the chili in her truck stop, and it has been passed down to me, I’ve changed it a little over the years, but it always tastes like home to me, and everyone who has tried it loves it.

Are you a romantic?

In some ways.  I like romance, but at the same time, I don’t prefer snuggling, what most people see as romance, to making out.  Give me romance and hot sex together. 

Do you listen to music when you're writing?

Always.  Every book I have ever written has its own sound track, I start with one song, and then build from there.  I used to drive everyone nuts playing that one song or group of songs, over and over and over, I hated headphones.  But now that they have the noise canceling little ear buds, I live in them.  So much so that I get startled by people tapping me on the shoulder while I am writing because I didn’t hear them. 

Do you ever read your stories out loud?

Always. This is the best way to find things that are wrong, Awkward sentences, misspelled words, or misused words, they jump out when you read it out loud.  You stumble over those sentences that don’t quite work, actions that are bizarre, and find missing punctuation.

LIFE FLIGHT
by Shaunna Wolf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Malachi Blackfeather has spent twenty years in the Army. Two of those years as a Vietnam POW. Now that he's out, all he wants is some peace and quiet to figure out what to do with the rest of his life. Between the flashbacks, and an over interest in sex that is now being called sex addiction, finding his path isn't easy.

Kat is trying to escape an abusive marriage. Her soon to be ex is a master at manipulating the system, and her family thinks she should stay with him, "because no other man will want her". She's looking for escape in any form she can get it.

When they meet, sparks fly. Trapped by a blizzard, can two damaged people, who think there is no chance of love in the world for them, find each other, and survive an unforeseen circumstance that puts both of them in danger?

Mystery, romance, and danger, fill this novel, with a story that will draw you in and not let go.

EXCERPT

The heater stood dark and cold.  I should have gotten up after we were done.  Filled it and restarted it.  I hadn’t wanted to move.  Still didn’t want to, despite the cold in the room.  Dim light streamed in through the window, sleety snow still battered the glass.  Shook the door in its frame.  How long could this blizzard go on?

I tightened my arms around Kat.  Forever.  Then she would have to stay right in this room with me--in my arms.  Nothing made sense, everything my life had been for the last twenty-five years rang like a bad dream, a nightmare from the pits of Vietnam.  So dead inside that any feeling fed me, woman after woman, man after man, no one let me hold on to what I felt for more than a few shared moments.  Lies whispered to the tiny ember of my soul that I had left.  This is the one, they told me, this one will make you feel, will bring you back to life. 

They never did.

Kat ran her hand down my arm.  Snuggled closer to me.  A chill that had nothing to do with how cold the room had become, shook me.  Spoke to me.  I could again with her, and I knew I would keep feeling what I was.  Alive.  Warm.  As if I had a soul inside me, not just a demon who preyed on others for my next fix of emotions.

“I should fill that heater and get us some warmth again.”

“Yeah, I suppose one of us should,” she said with no intention to do so in her voice. 
I tightened the bear’s embrace I held her in, tangled my legs with hers.  She pushed at my arm, wanted to make me let go of her. 

“I don’t want to let go of you yet,” I said.  If I let her go, the surging emotions inside me would vanish with the warmth of holding her. 

AUTHOR Bio and Links:


Facebook Author’s Page: http://www.facebook.com/srhowen1 

Blog: Critters at the Keyboard http://srhowen1.blogspot.com/

Author Web page:  http://ww.srhowen.com









 

Prizes for the tour are as follows:
• One randomly chosen commenter will win a $50 Amazon/BN.com gift card.
• Three randomly chosen hosts will each receive a $25 Amazon/BN.com gift card.
Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here:  
Comments??

5 comments:

  1. Nice interview, thank you.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm... the fry bread sounds good. Of course, I'm starving this morning. LOL

    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly, I posted early this Am before anyone else did, but my internet must have been having a fit, because it seems to have poofed. Thanks for hosting me today. I hope everyone has stopped by my Pinterest site, new pins added almost daily! http://www.pinterest.com/srhowen/life-flight-erotica-by-shaunna-wolf/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never managed to have fry bread...sounds wonderful!

    vitajex(at)aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete