Thursday 4 April 2013

Welcome Evernight Publishing author Liia Ann White...



1)   Did you set any goals for 2013?

I don’t tend to set any official goals, because I did that last year and didn’t write for nine months. BUT I wanted to have all three novellas in The Water Lands series finished and hopefully published. Also I wanted to have my YA book contracted somewhere. Fingers crossed I get half of it done at least!

2)   What is the best part of the writing process for you?

Writing out whatever my mind imagines. Sometimes I’ll write so much that when I have a break, hours have gone by without me realizing. I get so wrapped up in it and forget about the world around me. I love it.

3)   The worst part?

Honestly, it’s the RSI that I have in my wrists and arms. I type so much and so fast that when I go to my chiropractor every 1-2 weeks I leave with bruises from massaging, adjustments and needling. But it’s a price I’m willing to pay to do what I love J

4)   Tell me where you write?

I have a little writing nook in my house set up in the corner of the gaming room. It’s in an open area so my dogs can sit nearby, I can see my birds and get plenty of light. But the majority of my work is done outside. I have a huge back yard and patio area where I can set up a lounger and write until I get cold when the sun’s gone down.
5)   Name two romances you’ve read more than once

The entire Riley Jensen series by Keri Arthur and everything written by Sara Brookes. They’re two that I just can’t get enough of. I’m sure Sara will appreciate me saying that LoL

6)   Tell us about your first car

My first car was a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Commonwealth Games edition… I still drive it to this day. It started off as bright yellow, now it has about 8 different shades of yellow on it! All nice and canary though. I got it brand new for my 17th birthday and haven’t had any problems with it in 10 years of driving. I love my little beast.


Dark Waters
by Liia Ann White

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Randor is a Fae assassin. As the most feared military officer in the Faery Realm, he only got out by striking a deal with the late King to become an assassin for hire. Something he was only able to do because of his place as adopted family member. When he’s ordered to kidnap the Unseelie Faery Princess and deliver her to the Seelie Queen, he doesn’t think twice, until he sees his target. Adora. Unseelie Princess. Most beautiful being in existence and feared witch warrior and his soul mate. Disobeying orders is something he’s never done before. But when he brings her into the Human Realm; his home, he has no regrets. Until his Elvish friend, Kiel, disapproves and an unexpected attack raises questions about his loyalties. The only way that could have happened was if Kiel tipped off the Queen's witch, Maleficent.

Adora was fearless, powerful and intensely unhappy. Until she was kidnapped by a mysterious stranger, who happens to be her half human, half Seelie soul mate. After being attacked, Adora, fearing she'd lose Randor, admits her feelings for her soul mate. The two of them just need to find a way they can survive together - away from the feuding kingdoms. Entering the Seelie castle, under a pretense of needing the witch's help to bind Adora's immense power, they ask for Maleficent, whom they plan to eliminate so she can no longer track them.

When all hell breaks loose, they're involved in a fight including the witch, Kiel and the Queen. A fight that not all of them will survive.

EXCERPT

“Lady Adora Belira, Princess of the Seelie Court, daughter of King Polara, and future ruler of the Water Lands.”

As the kingdom’s attendant announced her arrival in the court, Adora rolled her eyes. Stating her entire title each time she entered the room was so ridiculous and unnecessary. But Father had always been a stickler for rules. He was one of the last remaining old-school faeries, insisting his lands follow the ancient laws laid down by the Originals.

Adora had never followed the rules. Her mother was the enforcer of the family. Since she’d died, Adora had used her father’s obliviousness to her advantage and rebelled against him and the kingdom at every chance she got.

Father looked down at her clothing with a frown. She preferred to wear combat gear, consisting of a skin-tight top, pants, and versatile boots. The rest of the kingdom would prefer she conform and dress in something more fitting for a princess, a flowing gown that had no practical use whatsoever. She was a healer for the army. She needed to be prepared for anything.

“I do wish you’d wear something Kilip has prepared for you, even if only when dining in the court.” Father spoke with a slight wheeze.

“And I do wish you’d see someone about that cough you have,” she told him, sticking out her chin stubbornly. “It’s getting worse, Father.”

Adora sat by his side at the head of the royal dining table. Several heads turned and people gasped when she spoke to the king

with a tone of disrespect. Once again, she rolled her eyes. She’d been doing a lot of that lately.

“Mind your business,” Adora snapped at the gawkers. All of them looked down and focused on their own conversations.

 AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Liia Ann White is an Australian author, hailing from Perth, WA.

She spent her childhood daydreaming about far off lands, creating her own unique characters, reading books about witches, faeries, demons, ghosts and a host of supernatural creatures. Eventually, she gained the courage to put her imagination to work.

A self-proclaimed geek, Liia collects Disney and Star Wars memorabilia and loves all things nerdy.

A vegan animal lover, she wishes to one day have her own rescue shelter for unwanted and 'unadoptable' animals. When not writing, she can be found reading or spending time with her dogs.

Liia is a member of Romance Writers of America, Romance Writers of Australia, Passionate Ink, Futuristic, Fantasy & Paranormal Chapter of RWA and Young Adult Chapter of Romance Writers of America as well as being the webmistress for YARWA.
Always interested in meeting new people, Liia can be found on facebook or twitter almost constantly.



Buy Links





Liia Ann will be awarding a $10 Amazon Gift Card and a $10 Evernight Publishing Gift Card to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour.
Follow the tour and comment; the more they comment, the better their chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: 
 Comments??

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me today Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl you had the same car for 10 years!!??! that's committement! Lol

    andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nobody can understand why I still have it with the way it looks, but she drives like a dream! I have an issue letting things go, I'm very loyal lol

      Delete
  3. I'd love to be able to write outside, that sounds so peaceful and relaxing, perfect for inspiration. Hopefully it will get that warm here soon too.


    fencingromein at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been hot here since October, you can have some of our heat. Please, take it! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the question about your car! I think that says a lot about a person. The Repetitive Stress on your wrists and arms sounds awful! Maybe you can start using Dragon software and dictate your books?
    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got dictating software, but can't use it because I live in a very loud house. And it picks up bird sounds from outside and interferes with my voice haha it's quite interesting.

      Delete
  5. gosh I can see how that would cause a lot of pain in your wrists :( I guess its a small price to pay for your passion <3

    lilypondreads at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's sometimes excruciating pain so I can live my dream and write? Yeah, I'll live with that happily :)

      Delete