Monday 26 July 2010

Yolanda talks 'out of this world' with a big dose of passion!

Welcome, Yolanda Sfetsos to my new erotic romance site! You are my first guest to take me back to a time I'd forgotten - The X Files! Wow, great stories, great scenes and great 'will they, won't they' moments. Can't wait to read your post!


I Want to Believe

You all remember this poster, right? It's from The X-Files. Mulder had it in his office, and it's one of the (many) things that I'll never forget about the show. In case you're wondering--yes, I was a huge fan. :)

This poster happens to be one of the inspirations I used when I decided that it was time to write something featuring a clan of Grey aliens. Something that I'd been wanting to write for a long time.

I also wanted to throw in a good dose of men in black, secret organizations, alien abductions, and conspiracy theories. So when this story struck me, I was so excited I managed to write it in one month. Actually, it was during NaNoWriMo.

And so, SHADE OF GREY was born--the first Omega installment, set in Sydney, Australia. Well, it starts out in a suburb of Sydney, but because Gypsy is being pursued by both aliens and MIB, it eventually moves into the Australian Outback. To a fictional town where people who have been touched by alien phenomena hide, trying to heal themselves from abductions and other bizarre situations resulting from involvement with Grey aliens.

I was so excited about finally telling this story that it wasn't long before I realised there was more to it than just Calvin and Gypsy's side of it. That's when I decided it would more than likely be a trilogy. One book for each of the surviving Omega guys.

Here's the blurb:

The night two intruders dressed in black break into Gypsy’s store, a mysterious, sexy man comes to her rescue. Calvin has one objective—to keep both a secret organization and an alien clan from finding and taking Gypsy. But after they meet, his duty is overridden by his desire.

Together, Gypsy and Calvin travel halfway across the country, trying to stay one step ahead of their pursuers and dodging danger at every step. When they give in to their mutual attraction, neither realizes that it’s the one thing guaranteed to reveal their location to their biggest threat.

In the small Outback town of Backwater, human and alien greed will collide. Can their passion for each other be strong enough to survive the ordeal? Or will Gypsy’s destiny lead to an alien plan that could destroy everything?


Shade of Grey is now available from Eternal Press.

I had a lot of fun writing this story, and absolutely love the cover. Isn't it lovely? It was made by Dawné Dominique. Love it!

As far as UFOs and alien abductions go, I'm not sure what to make of it because there are so many fabricated accounts, but I'm a total sucker for government conspiracies. Maybe there is something going on that we don't know about, maybe there isn't... but I always find myself referring back to that poster. Because, I really do want to believe that there's someone else out there.

Anyway, if you're in the mood for a little adventure and a blossoming romance (with a good dose of passion) between two people trying to stay one step ahead of everyone who's targetting them, then you might enjoy my little novel.

Thanks for reading!

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Yolanda is waiting for your comments, she would love to chat!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel! Thank you so much for having me here today. :) I've always loved that X-Files poster.

    ReplyDelete