Tuesday 6 July 2010

Welcome my very first guest - Dawne Prochilo!


I am so pleased to be finally launching my blog today with my very first guest, Dawne Prochilo. Dawne is a writer and reader of erotic romance and is keen to share her writing process and her past releases from with you! Over to you, Dawne!


1) What is your writing routine?
You can find me on my laptop every Friday and Saturday night with a glass of wine (or two, or three) and my playlist blaring into my headphones. Nothing like Nickelback, Metallica and Kid Rock to get me in the mood. During the week it’s too hard to write, I work a full time job and freelance write for a newspaper- so weekdays are exhausting, even for a naughty mind.

2) Which author/s inspire you to write?
Robert B Parker, Start Woods, Jeanne St. James, Janet Evanovich and Holly Jacobs. While none of them are erotic writers, St, James and Jacobs are romance writers. I have a wide variety of book genres that I like, from suspense to romance.

3) Which is your favorite romance subgenre to read? To write?

It's a tie between suspense and erotica. I love the thrill of suspense while I long for the sensuality of the erotica genre. Both call out to me and I can get easily lost I either.
Writing I prefer erotica- not too much of a suspense builder. I prefer the slow and easy sultry side of romance when my fingers are gliding across the keyboard.

4) How do you deal with criticism/rejection?
Don't take harsh criticisms personally. Every editor or publisher has their opinions and demands. Don't change your storyline because one editor says it's not what they're looking- chances are they're not what you're looking for. Tweak the words, phrases, tenses, etc. but keep your storyline. It called to you to write- so write it.



5) What do you expect from an editor?
Honesty and professional criticism first and foremost, everything else is secondary. Whether it's positive or negative criticism, having an editor speak sincerely is important.

6) Tell me about your latest release
My most recent release came out in July 2009. Crape Myrtle is my favorite writing to date. Between working a full time job, freelance writing opportunities and family obligations- I've had to put my personal writing to the side lately but have started to get back into the swing of it again.


7) Which is your favorite character in the book? Why?
The heroine, Sadie Callaghan, of course. She's independent, self- sufficient and determined. Qualities I wish I had every day. She doesn't hesitate to face her fears and she can love those that have been cruel to her. Her strong morals and attitude are who I'd like to be.

8) What is next for you?
I have a contemporary romance called When We Meet Again. It’s about two best friends in high school (of the opposite sex) who never had the chance to act upon their love for each other. The novel takes place over the course of two decades and how they have never forgotten each other. They meet periodically throughout the years (she’s in an abusive marriage and he’s in a loveless marriage) but never get to love each other until one night they share an evening of love.

9) What are you working on right now?
I'm in the midst of piecing together an anthology of short erotic stories for adults. Twenty to forty pages each, filled with erotic tales of love, lust and sex. Some are true to life experiences, others are ideas that fill my head daily. It's up to the readers to figure out which is reality and which are fantasies.

11) Your biggest piece of advice to aspiring novelists?
Never, ever give up. Determination and persistence are words that every author lives, sleeps and breaths by. Always take criticism with a positive tone and never let anyone's words detour you.



12) Where can readers find you?
On my blogs- http://dawneprochilo.blogspot.com and http://romancewritersbehavingbadly.blogspot.com or on facebook.
My books are available at www.amazon.com and www.internationalagora.com.

Thanks for the interview, Dawne! Please leave your comments, Dawne would love to talk...

No comments:

Post a Comment