Thursday 21 November 2013

Welcome fellow Wild Rose Press author, Mia Downing...




Hi, I’m Mia Downing, and I want to thank Rachel Leigh for having me today!

With the release of Spy Games: Endgame to all retailers, I’ve been taking questions from my fans and putting them into blog posts. The question for this post was, “I was glad I got to see Jake Anderson again. How do you balance that, given his backstory with both characters?”

The answer is…carefully.

Secret agent Jake Anderson is the star of Spy Games: Lethal Limits (book 2) and he also had a major part in the first book and the novella as well. Jake is a loveable stage hog, so it was important to balance him enough to let readers see how he’s doing—my #1 stalker fan is Team Jake, so she appreciated that—and to let the new characters—Aaron and Charlotte—own the spotlight.

Jake is important to Aaron and Charlotte’s relationship. Aaron is his baby brother and Jake has been worried about him for years. He knows Aaron isn’t adjusting to life after leaving the seminary. He also knows Charlotte, his partner and sister equivalent, is too focused on her endgame. She’s trained for years to take down the bad guys who ruined her life and has forgotten she’s a loveable, desirable woman in the quest for revenge. Jake loves them both and wants them to both live a little. So unfortunately, a reformed man whore is going to think sex is the answer.

So, when his wedding came along, he made Charlotte dance with Aaron. He never envisioned that would get the ball rolling. In fact, I think that boulder is racing down the hill and about to crash into everything…

~*~

The Set up: Jake and Aaron are in the kitchen after Aaron is rescued from his botched kidnapping attempt. Charlotte, Aaron’s new body guard, is eavesdropping on the couch, pretending to be asleep. She’s about to learn a whole bunch of things from listening in…

An excerpt from Spy Games: Endgame

“So, Aaron, what am I going to do with you?” Jake asked. “You weren’t much trouble as a kid, but you’re sure as hell dishing it out now. You don’t want to go to Texas, you’re being nasty. Hell, I find out you kissed Char at my wedding, on top of screwing Celia. Capital T, trouble.”

“It’s not just me, you know. She kissed me, too,” Aaron murmured. Again, so soft, she almost missed it, but her ears flamed hot.

Fabric rustled— Jake must have glanced over at her. “She did? Her.” The surprise in his voice would have been comical if she had come with less emotional baggage and less of a career path.

“Yeah,” Aaron said. “She was laughing because I was trussed up like a Christmas goose and how she loves Christmas, and when she took off the hood, she… I don’t know. It was intense electricity all over again. I didn’t know that sort of shit existed.”

“She kissed you? Charlotte?”

“Don’t make it sound like such a chore.”

“I’m sure it wasn’t. You are an Anderson.” Jake sounded so smug she wished she could hit him. She hated that smug tone.

The bottle cap clinked again, spinning. “Does she do that?” Aaron asked. “Kiss the men she’s releasing from captivity?”

“No. That’s not like her. She probably wanted to yank your chain. That’s her— she’s a ball buster and a trash talker. But kissing you… no.”

“It was good, though.” Aaron sounded wistful as poker chips clinked. “Kissing her made me forget just how much my life sucks.”

“Your life doesn’t suck. You’re Aaron James. You have a film releasing Wednesday and another in the wings.” Jake set down his glass way too hard and the ice tinkled against the sides of the glass.

“Yep, and I should be grateful for all of that, but I’m not. It’s what my life is, but it’s not what I want. My life sucks.”

“What do you want, then?”

“Her, for starters. She’s haunted me since the wedding, and now here she is, in my house. I  just…” He gulped. “I fucked Celia because I couldn’t get her out of my mind. That’s crazy, because I only danced with her once. I kissed her once, but I want more.”

Charlotte blinked, stunned.

“Jesus, no.” Jake sucked in a breath. “Oh, hell, no. Don’t pursue this.”

“Hell, yeah.”

Charlotte fought to breathe. Aaron wanted her. She knew that— she’d felt how aroused he’d been when she kissed him. But the words uttered from those fine lips made her feel giddy. Girly. Nothing cold, hard, and mean at all. Not good. So not good. She needed to be on a plane. Now, before it was too late.

“Chase is going to have a cow,” Jake muttered. “She has way more baggage than you do. Tons more. And as much as I had hoped you’d make a connection at my wedding… no. This can’t happen. Not now.”

“You realize asking me to leave her alone makes the whole thing more tempting, don’t you? Don’t fuck with me,” Aaron said so softly, almost dangerous in tone. It made her want him even more.

~*~

Buy Links for Spy Games: Endgame

(The Wild Rose Press erotic catalog)
iTunes


~*~

If you haven’t started the series yet, then start with Spy Games: Trained for Seduction (book 1).

Blurb for Spy Games:Trained For Seduction

Book 1 of the Spy Games Series!
Emma Walters didn't choose to be a spy, but when her crazy father was caught selling bombs to the wrong people, she was given a choice--become a spy or rot in jail. Her exciting new life as agent Kate Wells becomes more so when she discovers her new boss is the agent--undercover and investigating her father at the time--who took her to third base. Emma is already half in love with the dark and dangerous Chase Sanders. Kate wants nothing more than for him to finish what he started, but he's the devil incarnate. And one doesn't make deals or fall in love with the devil.

If someone had told Chase he'd fall in love with a certain virgin when he was on his last mission, he would have shot them dead, sniper style. She was nothing more than collateral damage, damn it. But watching the sexy new spy morph into a bombshell killing machine is too much to bear. So when the powers that be command him to train her in the art of seduction for her first--and possibly last--mission, he's scared witless. Making love to Kate means preparing her for sex with another man.

Somehow, Chase has to find a way to get Kate in--and out--of her mission without dying. And without falling in love.

This book is an erotic romance. It contains graphic language, explicit, smokin' hot sex, menage, lots of juicy conflict, some suspense, a dark and dangerous spy boss and a spunky bombshell heroine.

Trained For Seduction is available in e-book or print

~*~


About Mia Downing…
Mia Downing started creating heroes at age four, but her heroes back then rode ponies to rescue the princess, and only kissed her on the cheek. Today, Mia's heroes still rescue those in need, but the price of their toys and the expertise of their seduction leads to a lot more than a peck on the cheek. When Mia isn't busy creating new stories for her readers she fills in as an underwear model for a prestigious lingerie company. She also lives in New England with her family, and enjoys horses and knitting.
Fun facts: Mia can juggle (poorly,) create balloon animals and face paint. She was the hit entertainment of two family parties. No clown suits were involved.

Connect with Mia on the Web!


Mia would love to chat! Post your comments and questions :)

1 comment:

  1. {{sigh}} LOVE that scene...AND Jake! Mia's #1 stalker fan sure has great taste! :P

    ReplyDelete