Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!!

Well, here we go! Another year of opportunities awaits us!

I love the New Year - for me it's a time for planning and deciding what steps I'm going to take both personally and professionally. I have been producing work slower than I would have liked throughout 2012 and I can't help thinking it comes down to my lack of time management and planning. As well as a real lack of ideas...

Never before I have had this kind of situation I find myself in...completely stuck with what to write next! It's not that I have no ideas at all but more where I want to take my writing next. The nagging feeling that it's time for me to write a series hasn't gone away for months so I figure there is no better time to start planning a series than January 1st :)

So, today I have start jotting down a few ideas and decided I want to write a trilogy about three friends running a bakery/cake shop in Victorian England. Near to where I live, is the most beautiful place made up of lots of tiny little villages and hamlets - the perfect setting from which I can draw inspiration.

An historical erotic romance is entirely new to me so I've got no idea how this will play out yet but really hope it works. I'll let you know!

In the meantime. Happy New Year, lovely readers - wishing you all the best for your own writing or reading dreams!

Love
Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment