Thursday 27 September 2012

Welcome Wild Rose Press author, Ursula Whistler!



 Hi Ursula! Welcome back to my blog - good to see you have a new release to tell us all about. Loving the denim clad backside on your cover, yum :)

Let's get going with the questions!

1)   What is your writing routine? I get coffee, turn off any music, set a twenty minute timer, and write until the timer sounds. Then I take a quick break before getting back to the same routine. It allows for a lot of writing in a little over a hour.

2)   Which author/s inspire you to write? I can't say that any one writer inspired me to write. It's all of them. We all have such different journeys to that first acceptance letter or email, but we share one thing—we wanted to tell a good story.

3)   Which is your favorite romance subgenre to read? To write? I really love writing erotic romance. It frees my mind to go wherever. No constraints. As for reading, I am all over the place.

4)   How do you deal with criticism/rejection? I take criticism pretty well as long as I am feeling good that day. On the moments when I am already feeling ill or in a bad mood, then I grab a glass of wine, crawl into my bed, and watch sappy movies or a fantasy film with big men slashing things to bits. The next morning, I have a fresh mind, and then I'm back to trying to learn from what the critic said.

5)   What do you expect from an editor? I expect an editor to catch the plot issues that I thought were clear and to push me to take the emotion deeper. My editor, Trish Owens, has been amazing.

6)   Tell me about your latest release. Risque Poses is a story inspired by one look that I noticed from a young man toward a woman a bit older than him. His perusal of the woman wasn't a mere recognition of her allure. Instead, it seemed to me that his eyes were sketching her for when he had time later. This woman, unknowingly, had become the young man's muse.

7)   Tease us with a blurb or short excerpt. Yoga instructor Diana Courbet wants to celebrate the end of a messy divorce in the best way possible, starting with a one night stand with the sexy, tousle-haired artist in her yoga class. He’s been the object of her desire for close to a year, and while he might be worth more than one sexy evening, that’s all her heart is willing to risk.
Mathias Kuning wants two things–to be a successful artist and Diana. Over the past year, he’s painted Diana in a series of nudes that show how much he’s grown to care for his beautiful muse. But to become a successful artist he has to show the sensual pieces, and to show them, she has to agree. Will the risque poses of Mathias’ creation be the very thing that keeps Diana in his arms…or drives her out of his life forever?

Buy Link:


8)   Which is your favorite character in the book?  Why? Mathias is easily my favorite character. He's sensitive, but he knows when to take control. Plus, he adores the heroine. Who doesn't want that?

9) What are you working on right now? I'm waiting for final edits on Man of Few Words from The Wild Rose Press, and I'm writing a short story that has been brewing in my mind for ages. It took a retreat to the beach with six other writers to give it that oomph needed to make it to the page. It's an erotic romance with some suspense. It also begins in Plaquemines Parish, LA, a region recently devastated by Hurricane Isaac.

10) Your biggest piece of advice to aspiring novelists? Seek out critiques from other writers who will give you difficult, gut-wrenching comments. You need those to write a great story that an editor will love.

11) Where can readers find you? I blog on a badly irregular basis on http://ursulawhistler.com/blog. I tweet under @UrsulaWhistler and I just joined that Triberr place as UrsulaWhistler. You can find me on Facebook, too, but that's not the best place to see what I'm about.

Great interview, Ursula! Good luck with the book :)

Comments??

No comments:

Post a Comment