Thursday 9 June 2011

Welcome Cobblestone Press author, Miranda Stowe!

Hi Miranda, great to welcome you here. First things first, I love your cover, who was the artist? I don't think the cover artists of our books get enough credit most of the time and they do a fantastic job.

Okay, let's get started!

1) What is your writing routine?

Oh, no. Am I supposed to have a routine?! Right now, I’m kind of like, whenever I can slot in writing time, I steal it.

2) Which author/s inspire you to write?

Suzanne Enoch, Suzanne Brockmann, Julie Garwood, Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, Sandra Brown, Linda Howard, and too many more to count.

3) Which is your favorite romance subgenre to read? To write?

To read? Depends on the day. This week I’m a historical romance junkie. Last week, I was all about paranormal romance. It’s the same with writing them. My last story was a paranormal romance. My current WIP is romantic suspense.

4) How do you deal with criticism/rejection?

Tears, alcohol and chocolate. Actually, no, I don’t think I’ve cried over a rejection since I received that first dozen of them! And I’m not much of a drinker. So, I’ll go with chocolate! Then a week or so later, I’m back at the keyboard to revise and resubmit!

5) What do you expect from an editor?

A miracle!! Honestly, though, I do like editors that are a bit picky. I groan and complain more, but the story feels better after a challenging edit job!

6) Tell me about your latest release/

CAUGHT IN HEAT came from my paranormal romance-writing era. It’s number one in my Half-Shifter Series books and is about Riley Bane, a shapeshifter who is about to experience her first mating heat. Not wanting to get all horny and accept just any ol’ male to take her. She dashes off, hoping to make it to a female sanctuary that’ll drug her up to appease the need for sex during her heat. But along the way… oops, she’s caught in an ankle trap set by human shifter-hunter Shaw Griffin, and that’s when the real fun begin. **wiggling eyebrows**

7) Tease us with a blurb or short excerpt

A need unlike any she’d ever experienced before possessed her, pulsing through her pussy until she growled low in her throat. She struggled to concentrate. The sanctuary was purposely well-hidden. It was nearly impossible to locate when one was working on all four cylinders. With the roar rushing through her veins and muddling her thoughts, though, she’d require a miracle to find it.

She’d already stopped three times to massage her pussy to the point of release, but that only seemed to double the strength of her yearning when the fever returned. If she’d stayed home, she probably would’ve climaxed her way through a dozen males by now. And loved every second of it. The need to come again grew and expanded inside her; she just wanted to—

No! She would not let the fever consume her. She’d prevail. She’d find the sanctuary and—

The ground under her hind leg gave way. Riley twisted to compensate and pull herself free of the hole, but sharp teeth clamped around her ankle, biting all the way to the bone.

She howled. Her earsplitting yet scratchy cry that pierced the night could no doubt be heard by every predator within a five-mile radius. Not that she cared. The agony was brutal.

As her body went into distress, she shifted into her natural shape, and the hairy paw caught in the trap turned into a smooth, human female foot. Naked, drenched in sweat, and panting, she curled into the fetal position until she could focus past the pain.

8) Which is your favorite character in the book? Why?

Shaw, the hero. He’s just so sexy, I love him to death. And he’d passionate about what he feels is right and wrong…even if I personally think he’s wrong.

9) What are you working on right now?

I’m working on a new series: The Snatcher Series (erotic romantic suspense). I just sold the first book, Taken by a Killer, to Liquid Silver Books (woot!), and have completed book two.

10) Your biggest piece of advice to aspiring novelists?

Never ever give up!

11) Where can readers find you?

Website & Blog : http://mirandastowe.blogspot.com/

GoodReads : http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4741738.Miranda_Stowe

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Miranda-Stowe/100002055561651

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/mirandastowebks

Fabulous sexy excerpt, Miranda! I have never read or written paranormal but I know they are hugely popular and I am determined to read at least two or three this year. Maybe it should be yours! ; )

Comments/questions?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for having me here, Rachel. Cover art was by Fiona Jayde. I have to admit; I love the cover too!!

    ReplyDelete